Monday, October 20, 2014

Pain body?? Greyish Clouds?




Grey clouds between sunny & rainy days at my last trip in Chantilly, France

You know this feeling when you are swimming in the sea and it is relatively warm and nice, and then you pass in areas that are cold and then again to other warm places?? I have this feeling concerning my "sadness" or whatever thing it is.  I had a good day.  My challenge of a 30-min walk was met yesterday, ignored today, yet it was still a good day.  I decided to rest at home, which I sometimes do.  The new things about deciding to stay at home are: first, not spending hours hesitating, second and most importantly: not feeling guilty about it but rather enjoying it and respecting my decision to listen to my body.  Once, I was not full of guilt of not going, or guilt of wasting precious time, and unusually respecting my choice to rest, I was able to become quite productive still in a relaxed non-obliging manner.  This to me is NEWS!  GOOD news!

Yet, to come back to the sea metaphor, like sea currents, or grey clouds, I find myself passing through moments that are sad.  For no obvious reason.  Many times, I realized after careful analysis, it would be due to something that happened and ignored, and yet the residue remains.  But just like half an hour ago, I was doing well, joking with a friend and then this grey thing comes along.  And I wonder, is it like this "pain body" thing that Tolle talks about??

Sometimes, I feel it has become a habit, because last year was truly tough.  Sometimes, I think may be my brain is actually still doing that same chemical process of pain-production when there is no need anymore.  I tried to recall a very good conversation about pain body that as a group, my and my friends, once had.  But I could not remember the antidote to pain body.  I guess gratitude must be one.  Seeing the beautiful...tasting the sweet. 

well, acknowledgment also has always worked for me in many things like fear.  Secret, dark fear.  And other abstract slimy emotions...Once you admit they are there.  They kind of evaporate.  Writing helps them evaporate too... so, thank you...

And you, what works for you?? would just love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment